** Feature Image by Mike Arzt.
Through a series of cosmic events all lining up perfectly Aaron was on a tour promoting his super awesome book Pretty Much Everything. We were fortunate that he was able to swing through Denver and spend an intimate evening with our crew.
The event was full of stories and experiences shared from Aaron’s career. It really has been an amazing ride to this point and if you’ve ever met Aaron he’s full of life and a takes a real blue collar approach to his profession and art. I’m certain Aaron would see this as the highest compliment.
There were many, many takeaways from the event but the one that stuck with me was a question he received about creative block. When asked about creative block he looked as though he almost didn’t understand the question.
“Creative Block? I don’t believe in creative block. This is my work. What’s all this creative block stuff? Have you ever heard of a ditch digger stop to complain of ditch digger block?! Hell no! You just keep digging until you hit the bottom and the hole is done!”
I have found myself walking around mumbling to myself. There’s no such thing as ditch digger’s block…
Let me know what you think. Do you think it’s possible to get creatively blocked or is it just an excuse for not plowing through and getting your work done?
- Diary of a Doer Episode 011: How Your Stories Sell, and Why You’ve Got to Tell Them with Marc Gutman - February 21, 2019
- Warby Parker Brand Story Audit - March 23, 2018
- Clark’s Brand Audit – Great Brand Story or Franken-brand? - February 15, 2018
- The Path to Happiness – Stay Grounded Podcast - January 22, 2018
- The (REAL) Truth About Business - November 21, 2017
- The Main Reason Stories Fall Flat … and What You Can Do About It - September 19, 2017
- Your Business…The Hero? - August 3, 2017
- What Do Your Business, Your Employees, and Your Customers Believe In? – Business Belief Statement - July 20, 2017
- Am I Telling a Narrative or a Business Story? - July 13, 2017
- Top 13 Books for Business Storytelling - June 29, 2017