Recently, I had the pleasure of co-presenting a webinar with Boulder SEO Marketing CEO, Chris Raulf. The title of the webinar is “Public Relations is Dead, Long Live Public Relations” which I find slightly misleading. However, don’t let that deter you as there is some amazing information that can be applied to your marketing and business. I was really impressed by Chris Raulf’s process on how to use press releases for increasing SEO traffic. He shows how he’s being listed in places like San Diego for “press release packages” on Google as a result of his efforts promoting this very webinar. How cool is that?
I went on to talk about how those of us in Public Relations view the press release as a different tool. There is a difference between an SEO press release and a public relations press release. I agree that it’s great for SEO and handling the media when you actually have NEWS – either good or bad. But it’s not great for generating awareness or getting media to tell stories when there really isn’t a newsworthy angle. And let’s face it — this is 95% of the time we need to create that news angle and generate interest in our clients or our own companies. If you’d like to view the webinar, it is hosted here: www.boulderseomarketing.com/webinar-public-relations-is-dead-long-live-public-relations Here’s a recap of what Chris and I covered in this session:
- How to include search engine-optimized press releases as part of your digital marketing strategy
- How to draft and properly optimize press releases that will show up on Google’s page number one
- Ways to distribute press releases through free and paid online distribution channels
- How to monitor and measure the success of your search engine-optimized press releases
- What exactly is Public Relations (PR)?
- Why a press release maybe good for SEO but not for getting media attention. What is a Public Relations press release?
- How to get free press coverage (earned media)
- 3 Tips on getting journalists to write about your company
For additional information about Boulder SEO Marketing, please visit: www.boulderseomarketing.com/ As always, please feel free to contact us directly. You can always send us a message via our contact form or email me directly at: marc at wildstory dot com Don’t forget to stay in touch with us on social media and learn about new blog posts, upcoming events, PR and social media tips, and much more. Join our #wildstory or share your own #wildstory on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn.
- Diary of a Doer Episode 011: How Your Stories Sell, and Why You’ve Got to Tell Them with Marc Gutman - February 21, 2019
- Warby Parker Brand Story Audit - March 23, 2018
- Clark’s Brand Audit – Great Brand Story or Franken-brand? - February 15, 2018
- The Path to Happiness – Stay Grounded Podcast - January 22, 2018
- The (REAL) Truth About Business - November 21, 2017
- The Main Reason Stories Fall Flat … and What You Can Do About It - September 19, 2017
- Your Business…The Hero? - August 3, 2017
- What Do Your Business, Your Employees, and Your Customers Believe In? – Business Belief Statement - July 20, 2017
- Am I Telling a Narrative or a Business Story? - July 13, 2017
- Top 13 Books for Business Storytelling - June 29, 2017