Recently I was visiting a client and friend, Ryan Evans CEO of Inboard Sports.
We were hanging out grabbing coffee and breakfast to fuel up for the day and scanning our emails. We both chuckled simultaneously as we had a similar email in each of our inboxes. A mutual friend had referred one of their friends to us. We’re using “friend” awkwardly here to protect the innocent.
Turns out this friend had launched a Kickstarter campaign two days prior and was freaking out!
Intrigued, Ryan and I instantly dove into looking at this particular Kickstarter campaign on our mobile devices.
“Oh, no you didn’t”
These were all natural reactions that escaped as we reviewed the Kickstarter campaign. We both called the friend in question and gave him our honest feedback, but in doing so, we also had the idea to film our ideas on a successful Kickstarter campaign.
In between intense strategy sessions and lunch, we turned on the camera:
This is an off the cuff, on the street conversation with Marc Gutman, founder of WILDSTORY Media, and Ryan Evans, Co-Founder of Inboard Sports. Hear some of the tips that resulted in a Kickstarter campaign that achieved 421% of the electric skateboard company’s goal.
- Diary of a Doer Episode 011: How Your Stories Sell, and Why You’ve Got to Tell Them with Marc Gutman - February 21, 2019
- Warby Parker Brand Story Audit - March 23, 2018
- Clark’s Brand Audit – Great Brand Story or Franken-brand? - February 15, 2018
- The Path to Happiness – Stay Grounded Podcast - January 22, 2018
- The (REAL) Truth About Business - November 21, 2017
- The Main Reason Stories Fall Flat … and What You Can Do About It - September 19, 2017
- Your Business…The Hero? - August 3, 2017
- What Do Your Business, Your Employees, and Your Customers Believe In? – Business Belief Statement - July 20, 2017
- Am I Telling a Narrative or a Business Story? - July 13, 2017
- Top 13 Books for Business Storytelling - June 29, 2017