In this episode of Diary of a Doer, I had the opportunity to share how our stories are critical to developing trust with potential clients and customers. On this episode of Trivinia’s podcast, she remarks, “Marc is a storyteller extraordinaire, and founder of WILDSTORY, a storytelling and content strategy shop. Marc says, ‘If you’re not telling your story, and telling it emotionally, someone else is probably telling it for you — poorly.'”
In this episode, you’ll hear the discussion on how emotional and authentic storytelling can change the way people feel about you and your brand. Because while products, services and facts are important to business, it is stories that connect us and ultimately sell.
“Story is how we come together…it’s hardwired to how we communicate.”
This episode will also show the process of storytelling and how to be unique, how to avoid thinking about your story as a “pity party,” and lastly, what stories you shouldn’t share.
Subscribe and Review
Diary of a Doer is full of stories of business, some behind the scenes, and freaking amazing guests.
Go on over to iTunes and subscribe!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Diary of a Doer Episode 011: How Your Stories Sell, and Why You’ve Got to Tell Them with Marc Gutman - February 21, 2019
- Warby Parker Brand Story Audit - March 23, 2018
- Clark’s Brand Audit – Great Brand Story or Franken-brand? - February 15, 2018
- The Path to Happiness – Stay Grounded Podcast - January 22, 2018
- The (REAL) Truth About Business - November 21, 2017
- The Main Reason Stories Fall Flat … and What You Can Do About It - September 19, 2017
- Your Business…The Hero? - August 3, 2017
- What Do Your Business, Your Employees, and Your Customers Believe In? – Business Belief Statement - July 20, 2017
- Am I Telling a Narrative or a Business Story? - July 13, 2017
- Top 13 Books for Business Storytelling - June 29, 2017