Baby Got Backstory Show Flow:
Please read the instructions carefully. Scheduling link is at the bottom of the page
WHAT MAKES FOR A GREAT EPISODE?
You’re amazing story and clear audio! Nothing ruins a podcast faster than yucky audio. We recommend that you use high quality USB microphone. If you need to buy one, we recommend the Logitech ClearChat.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Baby Got Backstory is all about well… your backstory. We interview today’s most interesting and authentic entrepreneurs and want to hear all about what got you here.
We are looking forward to having you on our show! The purpose of our podcast is to provide connection and insight to your personal and business journey.
We typically spotlight your story and use it as inspiration and learning for our listeners. We also talk about other topics such as:
On this show we touch on:
Who are you?
- I will ask you to tell me one thing that most people don’t know about you.
- I will also ask if you have a nickname and how you got it. And if you don’t tell me
- we will give you one by end of the show!
How did you get here?
- We will dive into your backstory
- Did you always think you’d be here? Was this your dream as a child?
- What signs from your past led you to think you’d be where you are today?
What was your defining moment?
- How does your backstory show up in your life and business today?
- How do you feel about your backstory?
- If there was anything you could change in your backstory what would it be?
Why do you do what you do?
- What keeps you coming back?
Where are you going now?
What are your favorite movies, books, music, etc.
- We will use this to reveal your values, beliefs, and story
NOTE: This is just a general flow of the show but not every conversation will follow this exactly.
We like to have real conversations and see where things lead.
Our entire podcast is about Backstory… your backstory and how it creates context, meaning, and purpose in your life and business.
Let’s get real here!
Don’t be afraid to get vulnerable, laugh, cry, yell. It’s all good.
This is not some stuffy podcast meant to bore the pants of listeners but give you a repurposed blog post.
Let’s share the things you’ve never shared before. Explore the story you might be reluctant to tell. This is the story listeners want to hear!
PREPARATION & TECHNICAL CHECKLISTYour interview will be conducted via Zoom Video Conferencing. Once you have booked your session, you will receive a second email with a link to the Zoom room
- Download & install Zoom prior to your session (link)
- Verify that your setup is correct and working by going to the Zoom Test Room (link)
- Make sure you have a good microphone (either headset or dedicated podcaster mic). If you need one we recommend the Logitech Clear Chat.
- No webcam necessary – audio-only interview
- Be in a quiet place with no interruptions
- Be hardwired to the internet or on GREAT wireless connection
- Be ready to tell your story
- Be ready with your call to action (if any)
- The recording is not live… we can take a moment or reset if needed
- It’s a good idea to have a glass of water
- MAKE SURE NOTIFICATIONS & SOUNDS ON YOUR COMPUTER ARE TURNED OFF PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE
PLEASE NOTE: : Your interview will begin as soon as you are in the Zoom room and Marc joins you.
We want “fresh energy” to kickoff each show and find that happens best when we get right into it.
If you have questions about the show, your story, or format, please email Marc ahead of time.
Otherwise, we will assume that you are good to go and ready to rock the moment you connect to the interview.
Expect the interview session to last 60 minutes or less.
We air episodes weekly usually in the order we record them. When we publish your episode, we will notify you via email.
Any promotion or marketing assistance you can provide – the more exposure you will get on our show.
“OK OK OK, I’ve read and understand all of the above!”